Thursday, March 10, 2011

Know what a HERS score is?

I was so impressed when I recently visited and learned about Meritage homes "green" new builds and I learned a couple things.  The first is the HERS score.  HERS stands for Housing Energy Rating System and to be built to code the home must rate at least 100 on the scale.  You've heard of Energy Star ratings before right?  Those homes must rate 85 or lower on the HERS which is 15% less than code.  Meritage homes are rated 20 -30!!!  That's 70 - 80% savings on your energy costs AND they say that the air is so pristine inside the home it is virtually dust free!  DUST FREE in the desert???? (Meritage builds nationally but I'm here in sunny Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ and it's dusty!!)  Could it be?
Click this link to read the whole online article:  http://www.avidbuilder.com/content/revolutionary-green

I was already totally impressed but then I saw the prices and the floorplans!  They're AWESOME!  Ok, it's true that they aren't as cheap as a foreclosure but l don't think I have to explain why do I??? (and they don't stink or have holes in the walls or old pet stains to deal with HA).  The community I visited is Cibola Vista in Peoria and the prices started in the mid $200k's and ranged from 2258 - 3721 sq feet but they have communities all over the Valley of the Sun from N. Scottsdale to Gilbert in the Southeast valley as well (with more amazing prices I might add....).

All this and you can feel good about reducing your carbon footprint.  Cool.

For updated info contact me and I'm happy to gather all the current availability and exact prices.  There is no MLS for new homes so let me do the work for you.  Remember if you are planning to visit a new home community have your agent there with you or you may WAIVE your right to your own representation!  The sales agent at the new home office represents the builder.  Starting my career as a New Home Sales agent has given me good knowledge on how to get you the best deal and what to expect in the process.  NO, your home does not cost more if you have your own representation!

No comments:

Post a Comment